A bushel of potatoes, pictured below, represents the total capital stock of Goodwill Industries in 1933. the first major transaction was to trade on half of a bushel of potatoes for one half of a bushel of onions. For the first 6 months of 1933, Goodwill posted a cash income of $625 and $2,000 in barter.
Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio has seen a variety of locations of the past 90 years. Some of these locations include the corner of Adams & 12th, the Morral Memorial Building at 627 North Huron St., which was directly across from the location at the corner of Lynn & Summit, which is near the now Fifth Third building.
Currently, Goodwill Industries has 13 Brick and Mortar retail locations, 4 store front Donation Stations, 2 Job Connection Centers, 1 E-Commerce retail location (shopgoodwill.com), the Transportation and Commercial Services share the building on Nebraska Ave. And our new headquarters at 1120 Madison Ave., which we moved into in January, 2018.
You can go to our Facebook page @GoodwillNow for more information on the past 90 years of Goodwill in Northwest Ohio.