Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio, Inc. would like to extend its gratitude and appreciation for taking time to support our mission with good quality donations. Unfortunately, due to the rising costs of waste disposal and safety concerns, we must decline certain low turnover items and items in need of repair. Here is a list of unacceptable items.
One of the many things that make Goodwill Industries so exciting is the variety of donations available for sale to the public. This list is to be used as a guide to protect both you and Goodwill.
All items listed below are subject to acceptance based on Goodwill management’s discretion.
- Baby/Infant furniture and large toys (due to controls determined by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, these items will be accepted based on management approval)
- Bed springs
- Brick, concrete or stone
- Computers or computer components
- Encyclopedia’s—only if not in a complete set
- Fuel cans
- Furniture in need of extreme repair or soiled
- Home made tapes and videos
- Hospital beds
- Hot water heaters
- Items fueled by propane or kerosene
- Large appliances—refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.
- Organs and pianos
- Scrap lumber
- Stereo consoles
- Stripped televisions, stripped floor model televisions, stripped VCRs
- Televisions (of any kind)
- Tires (of any kind)
- Trash compactors
- Used toilets, sinks, shower stalls, tubs, or plumbing pipes
- Opened paint cans
- Used mattresses and pillows
- Used medical supplies
- Unpackaged window blinds